Village of Hastings on Hudson
Comprehensive Plan Committee
Comprehensive Plan Committee Broadcast Schedule for WHoH-TV Channel 75
1. Town Hall Meeting
- Your views on the future of the Village are important!
Saturday May 2nd
9:30 am to 12:30 pm
At the Community Center
- The topics to be discussed will be the Downtown and Potential Developable Sites in the Village.
- We hope that you can join us that morning. The village is holding the annual cleanup weekend then as well.
2. Committee and Consultant Preparation for Town Hall Meeting
- In preparation for the Town Hall Meeting, the Committee and Consultant have been reviewing previous studies and documents.
- Please find a link to the consultant's instructions to the committee and the committee's reports here.
- Also included is a report from all the volunteer boards and committees on their mission and goals.
3. Community Meeting March 16, 2009
- On March 16, 2009, the committee and their consultant held a community meeting for the comprehensive plan.
- Fifty or so residents attended and discussed the ideas from the previous visioning sessions and meetings by the comprehensive plan committee.
- Please see the results below.
- The committee thanks those who gave their time to meet. The committee will use the information gathered to begin the process of setting priorities for the comprehensive plan.
- The general topic areas were:
- Economic Development and the Downtown
- Neighborhoods and Quality of Life
- Sustainability /Transportation /Infrastructure
- Community services and Parks and Recreation
- The Waterfront
- The groups were asked to prioritize the list of ideas as they wished them to be addressed in the comprehensive plan.
- The link for the booklet is here.
- The consultants produced a report on the findings.
- The report is organized as follows:
- A brief summary of the process
- Summary of the Discussion by Topic
- Results from Report Back - A member from each group reported on the main findings from their respective group.
- Results from each groups' review of the ideas.
- The link for their report is here.